Not open for further replies.

Hshsjssh

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello all. I have been a viewer of this forum for a while now. But can't help but post . I greatly appreciate all PALS and thanks for your time in advance . Please don't treat this as another hypochondria issue. Please be frank

Current symptoms.

* Muscle twitching that started in first in June. Present all over the body and not constant.

* Pain in the both legs has been for a long time.

* focused on walking left felt awkward.

* Checked for atrophy found that my left leg calf to ankle was .3 to .5in thinner in width than right. Hasnt progressed since then.

* Awkwardness went away for a few days.

* Had globus sensation for a quite a while.

* Went to neuro strength was fine. Reflexes were brisk.

* My legs tremble at certain positions.

* Went another neuro said brisk reflexes and found a beat of clonus, said nothing to worry about.

* Waited went to a third neuro reflexes were brisk symmetric and found no clonus.

* Wanted to add reflexes are brisk but symmetrical.

* Have got a cramp in my feet once as well as under my chin when hyperextending jaw.

* Left leg still feels awkward but can walk on heels and toes.

* Now muscle fatigues easily than before.

Three neuros found no functional deficit, so we will hardly dispute that. So, to be frank, yes, I think you are evidencing health anxiety, as you are likely aware, and suggest you seek counseling for it. If you have been reading for a while, you know that differences in limb size, brisk reflexes, sporadic pains, etc. are not ALS. That hasn't changed.

As for the ongoing (?) leg pain, I would suggest checking in every few months with an internist and working on an exercise program including stretching.

Best,
Laurie

You know this isn't ALS. I'd suggest you return to your PCP and ask what they feel is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back