Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CH
City
Lugano
Hello
My name is Cristian, I'm 28M.

I am posting here because I am concerned about some strange symptoms I've been experiencing after my first shot of HBV vaccine, which I had 3 weeks ago. I already contacted a neurologist, but while I wait for my visit I thought about sharing my situation here in order to receive an opinion by someone who knows better than me if what I'm experiencing could be early signs of ALS.

One week after the vaccine, I started to feel a strange pain on 2 of the fingers of my left foot (2nd and 3rd fingers), which was exacerbated by cold and it felt like numbness at times. One week later this uncomfortable sensation spreads to the bottom of my foot. After one week I started to feel a slight uncomfortable pain in my left knee, especially when I walk, and a degree of stiffness on the front muscle just under the knee of the left leg.
I do feel fasciculations at certain moments of the day in both legs. In the past two days I've started to feel an internal vibration in both of my legs, as if there is a tuning fork in their core. As of now I didn't experience any change in mobility and sensitivity, but when I walk I feel that my left leg is stiff.

Had a visit with a local doctor one week ago that performed a EMG (yes he had ione in his studio), which didn't show anything concerning, but this was before my symptoms spreader to my knee. I will see a Neurologist in 2 weeks, but the fear of not knowing what I'm experiencing is starting to cause concern.
I was wondering if someone could tell me if my fear is unjustified, I would appreciate it so much right now!
Thank you

Hey Chris - great news is that there is absolutely zero connection between HBV and ALS.
There is also no real connection between twitching and ALS unless you have parts of your body failing, not paining.
I hope you can get a grip on your fears as I can't begin to imagine how you made this connection to start with and hope you can put this into perspective, as fear is a very crippling thing in itself.

Try reading this post carefully as it will help you enormously.

The EMG wasn't done too early. In ALS, even some muscles you think are fine will show abnormalities. Vaccine admin causes a cascade of weird effects sometimes where your body overreacts. I would keep up your walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back