Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NZ
City
Lincoln
Hi, I would appreciate people's advice on the symptoms I'm having as I live in New Zealand and even privately it is 6 months to see a neurologist and things are very stressful at the moment.
5 months ago I began to experience stiffness in the front of my neck when I bent my head forward. Shortly afterwards I developed fasciculations all over my body.
I read the bfs article on here and relaxed because I had no other issues.
For about 4 months I then started to feel a burning sensation in my hands and feet and would sometimes wake up with numb fingers. Again I wasn't concerned about als as I believe it doesn't effect the sensory nerves.
However after 5 months my symptoms are fasciculations, tight feeling in upper limbs, slight weakness in small finger of the left hand and neck and trapezius atrophy on the right hand side.
I still have full strength, press ups, pull ups all normal and can perform my physical work.
However, I'm concerned about the symptoms progression especially as the bfs article mentions atrophy and weakness and wondered if you thought that this could be the beginning of als.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated,

Cheers Mark 😊

Thanks for the reply, it's very much appreciated but what about the weakness and muscle loss in my trapezius and neck?

That's why you would see a doctor, and I suggest you read the link I gave you again, it really does address your concerns.

Agree, see a doc as you may have a spine problem. But not ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back