Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
QC
City
Magog
good evening to you, I finally took the courage to write to you.

For 2 years, I have fasciculations in my calves. Also, difficulty pronouncing words and spasticity in the face and mouth. I have difficulty breathing sometimes, but not all the time, especially in the mornings.

for the past two months I have had more spasticity in my face, dizziness, but headache and generalized weakness which turns into enormous fatigue. I am also starting to have memory problems.

I already had a normal EMG two years ago But for two weeks, I have on and off fasciculation in the whole body. I have less strength in my hands and it is difficult for me to take my pills with my fingers.

I am 47 years old and have two small children and I am afraid of being diagnosed. that's why I wait before ironing an EMG. What do you think? thank you

ps, sorry for my english, i am french canadian.

This does not sound like ALS, now or two years ago. Please see your GP. It is their profession to evaluate your problems and help you. There are many possibilities less serious than ALS for which treatment could make you feel better. Meanwhile, looking closely at your nutrition, hydration, stress, exercise, and sleep is always worthwhile.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you Laurie, im wating to see my Md. I forgot to mention. I ave hamer toes and difficulty with my grasp index and thumbs. I talk to my football coach like one year ago and said to me i should see a neurologist. I died of ALS after fithing 5 years! Is me own hero.

Is there anyone else have an opinion? Ive got an appointement whit a Neurologist 13 of january. Im scare of what is gona tell me. For what ave read. Ive got split hand in my left hand( cannot open a can of soup! Weakness) more and more dysarthria. Food stock and hypersalyva, and difficulté whit certain letter when speaking. Weakness in hand and foot. Less balance. Thank you for your advice. By the way, im a social worker and its not anxaity but real woriess for real symptoms.

Doesn't sound the least like ALS to me, you see a neurologist soon, just get your symptoms in order for that and then believe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back