Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
Hello everyone and thank you for responding,

My name is Sam and I am 21 years old. For the past month I have been dealing with a tight feeling in my calf that has gone up to behind my knee to the hamstring. This feeling randomly sprung up one day laying in bed. It sometimes feels like pain but I’m not sure if this is just a constant spasticity or cramp. I have also had some twitching in the calf area. I was wondering if any of these symptoms ring of how ALS may present. I still can walk normally climb stairs etc. I have spoken to my PCP once to which they first sent me for an ultrasound to rule out DVT which was ruled out. Now I am questioning if I should call back and get a referral to a neurologist or try to rest it on my own. Thank you very much and I very much so appreciate you taking the time to answer my concerns.

Hi, please read here: Read Before Posting

The best person to consult about next steps is your GP, who has been able to examine you in person and can address symptoms based on their observations during exam. It's certainly quite a stretch to go from tightness and pain in your calves to a terminal neurological disease. A referral to a neurologist is only appropriate if your doctor detects neurological issues, otherwise it would be a waste of your time for sure.

Thank you for the quick response. I’m probably just freaking myself out and making the symptoms worse in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back