Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
For anyone preferring a Dark Theme there's now the option for a darker look.

You can switch between themes at the very bottom left-hand corner of the website where it says "ALS FORUMS (LIGHT)".

Additionally, switch to a specific theme here:
Lastly, the option to set your site style is also available in your Account Preferences located as the first item in the list.

Last edited:
Oh, I like this. Thanks so much for this, David.

This is great. Thanks, David.

There's a couple tiny issues but they'll be resolved shortly and shouldn't cause anyone any real problems. Nice to have a change for those that dislike being blinded with white all the time :)

And, unless I missed the change before (which is possible!), there's now an option for larger buttons for New Posts, Conversations, etc.

The option for the larger quick-access buttons has been there for a while, but nice you found it if you find them helpful.

thanks! yeah I use mostly dark themes on everything

YIKES it isn't just dark, you can't see all the info on a poster
1670550837432.png
this was in one forum

this was here - so it isn't even consistent
1670550865663.png

OK back light theme until it's sorted :)

I just discovered the same thing!

Ahhh, good point! I'll work on that today, thanks!

*update* it's fixed now.

Last edited:
Many thanks, David.

ooooh that is great now thanks David! (I rely heavily on that information when I'm replying to posts)

this is just a suggestion - the speech bubble beside subforums. is there any chance they could show more prominently when there are unreads? this is my way of using the forum, visually cluing on those icons.
I was thinking if they could be filled in rather than outlines perhaps?
if too hard, no real big deal :)
1670617839120.png

I have found the dark theme doesn't have a lot of contrasts so, to my eyes, YMMV, things just kind of melt together and picking out things is much more difficult, so I've gone back to light theme.

@affected that's a great idea, i'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back