Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
I never feel like i have a lump in my throat but when i drink i have to swallow twice like it gets caught in my throat or does not make it all the way down on one swallow. Food sometimes feels larger like a pill going down my throat when i swallow or like my throat is dry and i can feel the food make its way down? Does this sound like ALS swallowing difficulty or something else?

It sounds like you see a gastro maybe you have a reflex problem with a narrowing of the esphogest Pat

Sammantha,

On the last clinic visit, my husband did the swallow test with the pathologist. He had to swallow twice while drinking one swallow of water. This is part ofthe bulbar symptoms.

Thanks for the replies, two years ago i had what the doctors thought was either a peptic ulcer,esopheageal spasm or costochondritis..... They did ct scan and barium swallow they were normal.... I have never had another episode of spasm or severe heartburn..... Now i just have what i describe in my thread... Thanks..... I guess i should tell my neuro's about this, just another thing i never thought was important to tell them......Neuro's take everything you say with a grain of salt anyway. I guess my brisk reflexes were enough because they never asked me about swallowing problems although my EMG doc did! He was the nicest guy/doc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back