Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
huntington beach
My wife was diagnosed in October with ALS. One product we have found to help with her swallowing is biotene oralbalance gel. Ironically, I work for the company that makes biotene, which was developed for oncology patients to deal with dry mouth especially those with head and neck cancer more than 20 years ago. When you do not produce enough saliva(obviously not an issue for most PALS) it is difficult to swallow, but if you use the oralbalance gel it will help what you are able to swallow get down. She uses it before she begins a meal.

email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I will send you some samples free of charge. It is available at CVS, Walgreens, Longs www.drugstore.com.

This sounds like an advertisement but I am just trying to help others.

Harvey Pasternak
800-922-5856
www.biotene.com

I talked to Harvey today and he says this product helps his wife swallow because it is a bit slippery and helps the food go down. He'll send a free sample if you contact him. I do have a friend that has had throat cancer and he uses the product. Usually we don't allow advertising but if it is helpful for us we allow it. I think this fits the bill.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back