Suzanna lost her battle with ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granny

Distinguished member
I don't know how many of you remember Suzanna, a young woman from Edmonton who was diagnosed with ALS not much more than a year ago. She has a 13 year old daughter. Suzanna came on this forum just at Christmas time last year and said it was a really good Christmas present for her and her daughter to know that there where others who cared. Suzanna and I had emailed each other for quite awhile and she was trying hard to fight her illness. We shared a lot and it is very sad to hear of her death. I pray for her young daughter..Suzanna died on Saturday, October 14 in hospital in Edmonton.
Leah

Last edited:
I am rather new her so i dont know her,,but my heart goes out to her daughter and those than did know her. I am sure she will be missed by many.
Thanks for letting us know.
May God Bless Her soul

PaulaB

Also healing thoughts for her family. So sorry that you have lost your friend to the other side. Separation is difficult and so very sad.

Hi Leah. Thanks for letting us know about Suzanna. I do remember her from when she came to the forum. She was more concerned about her daughter than herself. I hope she will be alright. It is such a tragedy when this disease takes one so young and so quickly. AL.

So Sad

Hi Leah:

I am so sorry to hear about your friend Suzanna. I didn't know her on the forum, but did go back and read her posts. She sounded like a real great Mom and a fighter. I liked her funny comment about the Britney Spears perfume.
I bet she was glad to have a friend in you for these past months. I really hope her daughter is okay and has someone to take care of her now.

Hope you are okay too.

Barbie

Oh Suzanna - I will cry for you.

One of Suzanna posts really made an impression on me:

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661

It related a bad experience she had at Wal Mart.

Maybe in her spare time from looking over her daughter - she'll be able to haunt that Wal Mart and scare the pants off that teller.

I think we need a group hug.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss this family and Susanna's friends are facing. THirteen is a difficult time to lose a parent. I hope both daughter and friends find the support they need and deserve. My condolences to those of you who knew Susanna.

GOD BLESS Suzanna

God bless Suzanna and her family, specially her young daughter.

May she rest in peace.

Sincerely Paty from Baja California, Mexico

Suzanna

Suzanna and I have written each other nearly every day for months. We shared pictures and many of our common interests. She had given me some email addresses in case I did not hear from her. I finally decided to write one of them to see how she was. I was told she was in the hospital. Then on Monday morning I got the news that she had passed away. I cried all morning. I have a Greek friend, Jim, who had talked to the Greek Priest in Edmonton when Suzanna told me that he had not come over. And, then she wrote that he came to visit. She was one strong gal, and I always looked forward to hearing from her. I would print all her messages (which she knew) so Jim could read them. She had a great sense of humor, she loved her daugther Athena, and she was my friend.

Duane (DuAnn) Ellen Haley

Sorry for the loss of your friend Ellen. AL.

My condolences and best wishes to Suzanna's family, and to those here who knew her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back