Not open for further replies.

rachelsmith

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello all! Thank you for reading my post! I am posting on behalf of a friend with limited access to internet. (these are her words and descriptions directly)

Her symptoms started in late 2019 with a globus/hoarse sensation and progressed to some throat tightness into mid 2020. Symptoms persisted and she saw an ENT for this which suspected GERD and gave her reflux meds which she took but did not resolve the symptoms. She tripped on 2020 and injured her left foot. In July 2021 she noticed twitching in her left leg and left arm. The twitching lasted sometimes for 1-10 minutes and was continuous. She has some back issues and went to her pain management doctor who referred her to her primary who then referred her to a Neurologist. She had an MRI which was clear but no other testing yet. She saw the neurologist in 08/2021 who said she my have myoclonus and told her to hydrate amongst other things and wait and watch. In 11/21 she went back to her ENT bc the changes in her voice were getting worse and they said he had thinning of her bilateral vocal cords. In 1/22 her twitching progressed throughout her body. 2/22 she is experiencing a stiff tongue and twitching throughout her body. She has a follow up with her neurologist but not for a while and is getting very worried. Of course her friends and family have looked things up and suggested ALS. I am trying to support her in any way I can. Does this sound like ALS? Are the symptoms typical of someone with ALS progression? Thank you

Please tell your friend that it sounds like her doctors are following all the avenues that are appropriate to find a diagnosis.
You could also show her this information to help her

A great way to support her will be to encourage her to look at all the ways she can live a healthy lifestyle and reduce stress. No matter what is going on this will benefit her - sleep, exercise, relaxation activities, diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back