Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Sandy Springs
With the overwhelming response to the CBS hit "Survivor", Georgia's increasingly successful film industry has made our own version of Survivor. Contestants are given pink car to drive from Waycross, to Atlanta and Sandy Springs, on to Blue Ridge, and then back to Waycross. On each car is a bumper sticker that says, "I'm gay, I'm a yankee, and I'm here to take your guns!" First one back wins.

my apologies to my home state of georgia. actually, we are one of the most, if not the most, progressive of the southern states. my post was from an email i received and the email referred to another southern state. i was uncomfortable disparaging another state so i "personalized" the post. i apologize to all offended - - except to the georgia gun toting group ! !

frankb - I thought it was funny:D!! No need to apologize. "Born there's" can say what they want. "Transplants" have to be careful!

A woman told me, she and a friend were traveling in Appalachia to visit her family. After wending her way along back country roads, as she got close to her destination, a man standing in front of his house waved at her. She knew she needed to stop. After he asked her if she needed help, she told him her name, where she was going, to whom she was related and why she was going there. Satisfied, he waved her on. I doubt it's any different today.

Sitting with a group of lovely ladies, speaking about how their ancestors came to America on the Mayflower, my mischievousness got the better of me. I mentioned how wonderful it was that their family came on the Mayflower. Mine came on a banana boat. (They didn't). There was sudden silence. They changed the subject. (I still think it was funny, but then I have a "off beat" sense of humor).;) B:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back