Status
Not open for further replies.
kdavis7, Sometimes family members look into VA Compensation and get discouraged with all the hoops that have to be jumped through and just let it go.

If possible, through the PVA, file the claim as soon as possible. If awarded they have to pay retro actively back to the day the file was claimed.

Maybe, just maybe, back to the day his diagnosis was coded ALS. That would be for the full amount until he passed. Maybe. Hopefully you can find his DD214. If not the PVA will help you get it.

Again, patience and persistence. And the note book I and Atsugi spoke of. This will take time. This could be a considerable amount of money if awarded.

I am hoping so hard for you and your mother.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for this valuable information. I'm very grateful. We wont give up. I've been speaking with the PVA all week and have got the paperwork to file the claim. I've also ordered a replacement DD214. Someone my mom's friend knows works for the VA and has told us to contact him if we have trouble. At least we have someone willing to go to bat for us. It warms my heart to know folks are pulling for us!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back