Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
mass.
City
WESTBOROUGH
Hip replacement surgery one year ago resulted in foot drop. Nine months later I developed
foot drop symptoms in my other foot. Diagnosed with ALS on 1/29/2013. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Neurologist claims its just a coincidence.

A friend of mine had rotator cuff surgery then not to long after started getting weakness in his arm ended up being ALS. Often I have heard of people going thru some kind of trauma then the ALS seems to come to light it can be a surgery or even an emotional trauma. I think & this is just my opinion that the ALS is already present & the Stress kicks it in.

My dad developed ALS shortly after he had two surgeries really close together. He had hernia surgery first and never got back to himself after that. Then he had his gallbladder removed and then he started falling and getting all the ALS symptoms gradually after that. I come to the conclusion that surgery does aggravate the situation.

My dad had prostrate surgery they did a spinal block on him & he never walked again. I found some medical records stating he had a motor neuron disease of an undiagnosed origin what ever that is suppose to mean but the more I learn about ALS I think that may have been what he had. He eventually got to point he couldn't swallowed & refused a feeding tube.

I had 2 back fusions first Dec 14 2006 second Jan 2 2008. Two because my body rejected the first one. Then Sept 3 2009 I broke my left foot. June 10 2010 had a stroke. After the stroke I started to do better then started to loose my balance. Oct 2010 developed cardiac palpitations and then Nov 14 2012 diagnosed with ALS. I'm not sure what to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back