Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Lincoln
My best friend, my husband passed away on August 14, 2011 from ALS. I used this forum as a source of information and support as a caregiver. After he died, I stopped coming to the site in hopes that it would help me to move forward. Now, almost 3 years later, I am still finding it very difficult to establish a new life without him. I am angry that he is no longer here to be a part of my life and that of our family. It does not seem fair. I have been in therapy, take antidepressants, volunteer, and try to stay busy. But there is a void that I can't seem to fill.

I am hoping to find some support, comfort and insight into how you can move forward. Friends and family who have not had this happen in their lives seem to have no idea as to how difficult this really is. They think time should heal the wounds and I should no longer have days where I want nothing more than to hide under the covers and stay there.

Please share your stories with me.

Thanks

Wow I am so sorry that healing is coming so slowly. It sounds like you have done everything you can to heal and get on with life. I don't know what to say except that if you need to talk and share your feelings, then I will hear and read. I have not lost my husband yet, but have lost my only brother, who I loved dearly, and who was my champion, still he was not my husband. But 5 days after my brother died, my husband of 23 years left me. When we marry we are joined, some more closely to others. Prayer has been my saving Grace in the past and I trust that our Lord Jesus will give me the strength to get through this. I have to, or I fear I would fall into that deep dark pit again. I know that I couldn't get out of it on my own, and none of my friends, family or councillors knew what to say. I know that I was lifted from that hole when I finally gave it all up to him. I will be praying for you.

Paulette

Like Paulette I have relied on my faith. My heart goes out to you. Read the poem "Footprints" and know you are not alone.

Debbie

Please go to face book and find the group called CALS ANGELS, it is specifically for CALS once their PALS passes and is a very private closed group (so NO ONE else can see anything that you talk about there) that can give you the kind of support you need.

I hope they can help you. If you have trouble, try messaging sadiemae here and she will help you get in.

I am so sorry. I totally understand, however my husband has only been gone 49 days. I have spent the entire afternoon in a dark bedroom. I had hope to find HOPE on here. Just know you are NOT alone! There are more broken and breaking hearts out there than we can imagine. I am going to meet with a local ALS leader on Friday to see what I can do for the Sept walk. My husband was with us last year in his wheelchair. I will not stop fighting this horrible disease that took his speech after only 4 months and caused him to have a feeding tube after only 8 months, and took him from me after only 18 months. I am so lonely! It stole his life and mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back