Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Plano
Hello all,

Just like many I too have had numerous test done and all results were desirable and still no diagnosis what so ever. I am not hoping for anything but I have so many symptoms that I know something is going wrong.

Tingling in hands and feet, needles and pins, vibrations, twitches (small and large in face and everywhere else), wide body pain and soreness, tongue sometimes feels large and weak, internal cramps in abdomen, lungs and rear end, hand has been contracting (cramping) continuously since March 2011, feet just started cramping, severe fatigue at times, vertigo, acid reflux, fingers are sometimes are stuck in a position but goes back to normal functionality, burning sensation in arms and legs (goes from mild to severe or severe to mild) and a host of others.

The reason why I believe ALS is because my left leg is now smaller than my right. However, I maintain the same strength in both. My left pinky knuckle is showing more than my right. These have never been the case. When my symptoms started my research revealed that it affects a different part of the body at a time and that the breakdown of muscle is asymmetrical. I notice my leg when I put on a pair of stockings and one side was entirely too tight where the other side just slide right on.

I know many of you with ALS are tire of people like me but I have read many testimonies where people were not diagnosed until their 2nd or 3rd year of symptoms. All I am asking is for your perspective. I am only 31 and have been seeing a doctor since 2009 my symptoms are getting worse and worse and I am in the worst pain all day every day from my body cramps and other stuff. If you know of any other illness that my symptoms may suggest then please share. I have three small children 8, 6, and 4 and a wonderful husband and they are all I think about. No one knows exactly how hard it is to go to work every day with this pain and the fact of not knowing what is wrong, why you are so tired and so on.

I doubt that it's ALS. It doesn't start with sensory symptoms and you make no mention of weakness.

That is not ALS . . . it's not even close. It sounds like some type of a weird virus or bacterium that has decided to invade your body or it could be some type of post-pathogenic autoimmune condition. Let your physicians determine what you have and if you're not happy with your current physicians, then go get new ones. Again, ALS should not be on your radar, no matter what you think your "research" has told you (it lied to you . . . I assure you).

Thank you two for sharing! I honestly wish you and your families the best and please keep me in your prayers and I will certainly do the same.

May God continue to bless all of you who are willing to share, support, and show compassion to those who are searching for answers and for those who have been answered. Reading through the forums has made me so hopeful and thankful! I am amazed at the strength and courage that most on here show and can only hope should my fate be similar in nature that I am able to be a pillar just as many of you are to the suffering community of neurological disorders, diseases and so forth.

I wholeheartedly say thank you and you guys are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back