Reason
Loved one DX
Country
IND
State
Delhi
City
Delhi
I know this has been discussed many times before but finally my mother is on a regime and I want to know your valuable thoughts and get inputs.

So here's the routine:

1. Riluzole before breakfast
2. L-serine (around 15mg) somewhere in afternoon before her physiotherapist comes.
3. Acetyl l-carnitine, Biotine and Alpha Lipoic acid somewhere after lunch
4. Riluzole before dinner (approx 11-12 hours after the 1st doze)
5. Vitamin E and Gabapentin after dinner
6. Inosine somewhere in the day (Just started, her Uric acid was below 5)

I am now seriously considering Lunasin.

Q1: Whatever she is doing makes sense? Any interactions I should be aware of? So far she hasn't seen any side effects.

Q2: If she should start Lunasin, what should we take out from the current regimen?

Q3: Anything else we should add to this?

As always, many thanks for your help.

When you say before meals for riluzole you do mean at least an hour before? Otherwise is her vitamin d level good? I don't know that you need to drop anything when you start lunasin except the more things you take the harder it is Do you mean mg for l serine? That is a microscopic dose.

Thanks Nikki. Responses:

Yes to the Riluzole taking at least an hour before meals.
Vitamin D level is fine. It shot up to be at toxic level once, so she is off that now.

She takes a spoon of L serine in water, so yea I am sorry she takes around 10 grams.

Lunasin is a tricky one for us as it is hard to get in India. I would have to ask someone in US to become a member and then ship it to me. What do you think of Lunasin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back