00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
Hi,

I’m 33 married with an eight month old son. In April (2 months after a C-section) I had my right foot feel asleep and the leg heavy at night. A few weeks later it was gone. Fast forward to last week it’s back and happening more frequently. My right leg is heavy my foot feels asleep and I keep getting cramps like sharp pain and twitches all over but mainly in that leg. I see my ortho on the 21st but I can’t stop worrying. Of course Dr. google kept telling me it’s ALS and now I can’t stop wondering.

We have this great post at the top of this forum area titled READ BEFORE POSTING.
It answers all your questions, please read it a few times.
Then see an actual doctor, as this rabbit hole ain't worth going down.

I did read the post I promise but it didn’t help the heaviness and the feelings I’m feeling are so strange and I’m just scared

What you describe is nothing like ALS onset. Not one symptom. I hope you've discussed this with your doc first and not just jumped on a site for the terminally ill to ask for a diagnosis.

Seeing your ortho is the right move.

Good luck

Molly, we see this so often where a young woman has just had a baby and they
begin to be concerned about their health and begin to worry if it's a terminal
disease.

Then... "Of course Dr. google kept telling me it’s ALS and now I can’t stop wondering."

Dr. Google is the worse doctor you can address your concerns to. In a previous
thread I posted a research study concerning Dr. Google and Internet research of
symptoms.

Trust your highly educated and highly trained doctors. Dr. Google does not have
a license to practice medicine.

Ask your PCP about possible iron and/or B complex deficiency, or maybe try a multi if you're not taking one and have no contraindications. And of course getting enough sleep is key...though difficult with an infant. It can be worth revisiting how supportive your mattress/nursing chair/other furniture is. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back