Not open for further replies.

Scaredguy

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
I am hoping you guys can help me out because I am at my wits end. I have been having chronic lower lip twitching for the past three months some days better some days worse going on all day from morning to night. Occasionally have eyelid twitching, finger twitching, lower back twitching but these are very infrequent maybe once a week at most lasting a few minutes. I saw a neurologist twice back in February. First time in the beginning of February he dismissed it as nothing...came back at end of February with symptoms seeming worse and got an emg, mri of the brain without contrast, and extensive lab work up. Only think that the tests showed was some mild carpal tunnel on the left side. My questions are is constant lip twitching bad. It doesn’t seem like anyone else on the forum has facial twitching and could emg have been done too early. Emg wasn’t done on face but on left leg, left arm, lumbar spine, and c-spine.

Previous thread here: Super worried about ALS

You were provided anxiety resources and asked not to post again. Your doctor doesn't think you have ALS, and your test results don't show it either. What your doctor has found is mild carpal tunnel- which is treatable. Your facial twitches do not mean ALS- keep reading here as many times as you need and start working on dealing with your carpal tunnel and your anxiety about ALS.

Closing thread- do not open another. The folk here are not able to provide you the reassurance you need, so it is time for you to speak with your doctor about how to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back