CALS
Country
US
State
New york
City
Brooklyn
Hello,

Before I start, yes I have read the sticky, but I am looking for help from people who know... about a month ago I saw a neurologist who performed a brief neurological exam in his office and did a MRI on me. I have been dealing with different neurological symptoms for about 6 months now. He was mostly checking for MS as I am a female and MS is greater in women then men. He kind of blew off the chance of ALS. and told me he doesn't want to see me back for 6 months...

The latest neuro symptom that has thrown me for a loop is for the past couple of weeks now, I have been having constant twitching in the arch of my left foot and in a couple of my left toes in the middle. It gets so bad that I can't sleep at night because of it. No pain or cramping, just constant fast twitching. Every so often I will get twitching in my calf or thigh too. Just mostly my left foot and toes. Another thing that sounds crazy but is really happening is if I burp, hiccup, or anything like that, sometimes even yawning causes the toes that twitch to twitch when that occurs as well. It's so bizarre.

Anyone have any clue? I mean the only thing that seems remotely close is ALS as the twitching is common and is usually in feet/hands first from the research I have done.

please let me know your thoughts and feedback, trying to get peace of mind.

thank you!

Hi Jens,

you posted here back in October and had a wealth of replies but you never contributed again.

Now you come back after a neuro consultation where you were told this is not ALS. I would like to assure you that a neuro may appear to only do a brief examination, but they are highly trained to gain a lot of information form those exams.

I've read both your posts very carefully and can assure you that you still do not display ANY ALS symptoms, and maybe not every 'neuro symptoms' as you call them. You are not 'progressing', you just have more twitches.

I would suggest that you now have lack of sleep on top and this can't be helping at all. I know how much lack of sleep can affect a person physically.

Please go back to your doctor and discuss what you have posted and your anxiety so that you can receive some medical help.

I wish you all the best and would like to suggest that you should not continue to use internet searching or this forum as it is really only increasing your anxiety. The more you can work with your doctors and learn to trust them, the faster they will help you to find the cause of your symptoms.

Thank you for your feedback, and reading my posts carefully. I do work long hours (12 hour night shifts) which is new for me since September. However my doctors have never suggested that this could be causing anything.I guess I will take it into consideration.

Thanks

If you Dr. said he doesn't want to see you in 6 months I definitely don't think you need to worry about ALS. The people on here only are qualified to give out info on ALS. It's not safe to try to speculate what else might be going on with you. Please read the stickies and some of your questions can be answered there. Otherwise, if you don't have confidence in the doctor who has already evaluated you please get a second opinion. Twitching doesn't necessarily mean ALS. You should have picked that up by reading the stickies all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back