Suggestions for healing retreat centers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_67

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
NY
City
New York City
Hi All, Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for healing retreat centers to go to located in a beautiful natural setting? I’m still pretty early on, so I am lucky enough to have my legs and arms still working. Looking for a place that has meditation, gentle yoga, nature walks, that kind of stuff. Ideally somewhere warm as I live in the northeast and am hoping to go in February. : ) Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Take good care folks!

Well it certainly wouldn’t be warm but the Kripalu center in the Berkshires might meet your needs. You can sign up for programs but they also have the R&R option which is probably more in line with your wants

Costa Rica has some of the best hot springs resorts. I've not been in awhile, but they were some of the most relaxing and interesting places I've been.

There are several here in Arizona. Miraval in Tucson is probably the best. They have a lot of activities, classes, spa treatments & amazing food. You can choose what you want & don't want to do.
It’s definitely warm here most of the year! 😁

Hi Michael. As with anything, cost is a defining factor. If you have the resources (especially given our situation) let me suggest the Stanford Inn and Spa by the Sea, in Mendocino, CA. It is pricey, but the views are incredible, the little town of Mendocino is one of the most charming along the Northern California coast, and it is situated among the Redwoods. Fly into SF Int, and it is about a three hour drive north.

A week there will set you back a chunk, but it is one of my favorite places. After my diagnosis late last spring, I took my wife and daughter there (we are here in Florida) and it soothed my soul for a bit. Weather along the Northern California coast in February can be foggy and misty, but usually it is quite temperate. Kevin

Thank you all for the excellent recommendations! I am always amazed by the vast range of knowledge we have as a community. Greatly appreciated.🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back