Sudden weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, falls are so scary. I’m very sorry your first one had to be so painful but glad you were quick to learn you need to ask for help in the future. I put that off as long as possible but eventually made the same decision. Several falls later. 🙁
Love salmon and sardines! Just have to remember to have them more often.

I also take high-quality fish oil daily and have been for about four years.

Kim what fish oil supplement do you take? There’s a dizzying selection and I’ve read that some are not good.

So has anyone had a significant change in strength. I woke up 2 days ago with a lot more leg and body fatigue. To the point of not having much strength to step down on steps and straining leg muscles during the day. My legs seam to be twitching and jumping more than normal. I thought by resting the day would help but 2 days now and seams to be a new normal. I have PMA but possible ALS. Is this a normal progression?
Everyone has different progression. The rate is not linear. Sometimes changes can be sudden, other times more gradual. I’m sorry you are experiencing this. I remember feeling startled one day when I realized it was no longer safe for me to go down stairs.

Make sure you stay safe. It’s best to try to anticipate changes (if you can) and make sure you have adaptive equipment available such as a rollator walker. Unfortunately most PALS need to do some degree of remodeling to find a way around stairs (such as ramps).
The safety aspect cannot be understated. Very glad it was mentioned-don't make my mistake and fail to understand your limitations. The first time I fell down 7 stairs to a hardwood floor I was lucky, minor bruising. The second time I ended up with a concussion and 11 stitches in my head. With help I was able to have a stairlift installed that saved my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back