Sudden Bout of Incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post urology visit update: After an extremely thorough interview and examination, including a stress test, leak test (cystometry), blood test and microscopic urinalysis, the Mayo doctor said she had bacteria in the bladder, but otherwise no other significant issues. He doubled her oxybutynin dosage and once they typed the bacteria, would issue a prescription for an antibiotic. The 2 bouts of incontinence were likely stress incontinence due to her hydrating for the clinical trial blood draws. There have been no repeats since then. Follow up visit scheduled for 3rd week in August.

PALS was relieved to have a conclusive analysis/diagnosis. With all the uncertainty surrounding ALS progression, she/we didn't need the added issues of urological concerns.

As additional background, over the last 9 months, PALS saw 2 different local urologists (without positive results) and while each did some form of urine analysis, neither came remotely close to the comprehensive examination she received at the Mayo. I was present for all examinations and unless you experience it first-hand, I don't think you can really appreciate the qualitative difference.

Thanks, for your comments and input,
Ken
We had the same experience at Mayo. Night and day difference from the work up done at Barnes Hospital. I can’t say enough about the thoroughness and patient focus of Mayo.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back