Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
US
State
KS
City
Lenexa
I made a discovery today at the VA. While it was discussed about 4 years ago, it was before my time so I am sure it would be a good reminder to all. They make a toothbrush that will directly connect to a suction hose. It is two sided, one bristle side and one sponge side and includes an packet of antiseptic cleaning and moisturizing solution for each brush. When you need to suction you just cover the slot at the bottom of the brush. For any of struggling with keeping your mouth clean, this is a great solution.
. AF7F8FBB-FEB7-40C7-98DE-A26C3A3FC2DE.jpeg

That toothbrush is pretty cool!

What worked for us was...

Herbal Toothpaste, Foam Free Mint - Vegan, Natural, Non GMO, SLS-Free, Flouride Free, Gluten Free, with Neem & Peelu​

Because it didn't foam up, it was easier for us to use. IF this is something one of you might be interested in, there's enough information to be searchable.

My best...

Jim

wow that is a great idea on the toothbrush.
the main issue my Chris had was jaw jerks and clamping as a result of trying to hold his mouth open, or any stimulation by the toothbrush touching structures in his mouth.
I just had to be very careful, but I would have actually tried this.
I would put a towel over the front of him, and hold a kidney dish under his chin and he would lean slightly forward. we just let any fluids drain out and to hell with the mess, it was easy to clean up.

This is great! I had to give up toothpaste and now brush with either Act or Peroxyl, both of which dry in my mouth and don't require rinsing or spitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back