Reason
CALS
Country
SGP
State
SG
City
SG
Has anyone used a foot operated suction pump and what is your experience with it compared to a regular AC powered one?

I am wondering if it would be better to get an AC powered suction pump for regular usage and a foot operated one for emergencies (i.e. when the power goes out) instead of just one AC/DC suction pump.

I have not heard of a foot operated suction pump - sounds like an interesting idea. I have 2, always good to have a backup, the first one is AC and stayes in the house, the second is battery powered and portable so we take it with us when we go out.

The thing about AC/DC type I don't fancy is the charging up time (as long as 24 hours) and it has only 45 min of suction time after being charged. I know some models also cannot be used during charging.

I saw a foot-operated suction pump at one of the local stores website. They carry the Fazzini F170 Foot-operated Suction Pump, but I can't find much info on it and they told me they will not transfer from their warehouse to their store to let me see it, unless I can confirm my purchase.

I don't have the money for 2 pumps if I buy the AC/DC pump, so am seeking other options and thought one AC pump and one foot operated one will be good. If not I guess I have to raise the money somehow.

I just had a look at the Fazzini F170 and I am left with mixed fellings. Not sure how well it would work. Good idea though. Don't worry about 45 minutes of suction time - that is a very long time! Each time you suction is only seconds each time. Even if it took 1 minute each time it would still give you 45 suctions. That is HUGE.

I realised the max. vacuum pressure for the foot operated pump is 190 mmHg while the regular AC ones has a max. pressure of 550 to 590 mmHg. Perhaps it might not be able to do suction as cleanly for my mum, given her large amt of secretions. I guess I have to reconsider.

Spoke to the nurse and she told me a pressure of 190 mm Hg is not sufficient. So I'm looking back at the regular AC and AC/DC suction pumps.

Is anyone using the Merridian Medic Pump EcoVac-200 or Merridian SuperVac-300 Medic Pump? I would like more tech info on these two if possible. Is there even a website on Merridian pumps?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back