Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
San Antonio
I’m a 24 M and had twitching start in January. I had twitching start in right leg and quickly move to both legs. Soon after I was having twitching in arms as well but rarely in hands or feet. It’s been going on for a couple months now and has me worried. I’ve now had twitching all over body including stomach and by rib cage. I had some tingling and vibration feeling in legs and recently had eye twitches which I’ve read means you don’t have ALS. Even more recently I’ve felt a hoarseness to my voice and throat has been feeling weird when swallowing and occasionally feel short of breath. I also hear noises in my throat after I swallow mainly but happen often and they sound like a popping or gurgling. I can’t tell if throat is twitching or not and if it’s causing those noises. I am also constantly feeling the need to clear my throat or try to coughs something up. This is making me gag and dry heave. I can still lift things and walk fine but feel weak occasionally and have muscle pain often after not doing much. Feels like I can’t carry my kid very long anymore. I’ve tried to see a Neurologist but is difficult in the city I am in. Been to the er for muscle twitching and numbness once and they recommend a Neuro but it’s been hard to get an appointment. After Days of trying and my throat now feeling hoarse and off I’ve been really worried about what’s going on with me.

I think you are asking if these symptoms that are stressing you could be ALS?

What did your PCP say?

None of these symptoms suggest ALS, but could be caused by a host of things that your PCP can help you sort through.

Being seen my a neurologist but not a very good one in town. Since I reported my last symptoms I’ve had a few new ones

2 weeks ago I started having shoulder, forearm, and wrist pain but mostly in my shoulder on my left dominant side. It’s also grown increasingly shaky.

Yesterday the pain radiated to my right side and back and I went to er because it was hurting so bad. The pain subsided mostly but the left side pain is still there. My left hand has been a problem and making it hard to even type this.
I had pain ,mainly in joints, everywhere by the end of the day.

The spams I had started in my legs 5 months ago but quickly moved to the rest of my body. I’ve had tingling and vibration feeling mostly in my legs and internal vibrations and spasms as well. And even spasms and tingling on top of head.

Laying in bed and sleeping I will get a body jerks mainly in legs waking me up but will have spasms the most when my body is at rest.

Hands have been so shaky that when I go to eat food with a fork my hand shakes crazy. Feel fatigued when doing anything with my left side. Some days there is barely any twitching and other days it will be relentless.

Stressed because it’s hard to get an appointment in my city and wouldn’t be able to be seen till September. Trying to look for other appointments in city’s near by but still wouldn’t be able to see me for 2 months.

My PCP has told me he thinks this is long Covid because I had it in 6 months ago but these newer symptoms have me confused and in pain. Trying to set up EMG but still hard and don’t think current neurologist would be able to much with it.

Thanks for anyone willing to respond and for your time.

You could ask about a sleep study, and about screening for RLS. I would also look into therapeutic massage, warm water swimming, and tai chi. Good posture and support in work, sleep, and play are important, along with nutrition and hydration. Whether this is all down to Covid or not, your body was stressed by it, so it won't hurt to give it some extra attention.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for coming back and updating us.
These increasing symptoms are really great news so far as being worried about ALS as the increasing pain, shakiness and jerks in bed completely point away from ALS.

I agree a sleep study would be a great move forward, but then I would ask your PCP what is next as long covid is a real issue, and sleep disturbance is a very common cause of lots of this stuff.

You shouldn't even read another single thing about ALS as it is leading you right away from what is really going on. All the best, I hope you move soon towards restored health.

Thank you for your responses and I will keep those in mind.

Have a Emg/Ncv Thursday and a MRI on Monday scheduled by the Neurologist. As well a sleep study. Will talk about results here

The voice hoarseness, clicking larynx, and constantly clearing throat have been stressing me out and a constant problem along with the left shoulder and arm discomfort. Twitching still widespread. Hoping to figure this all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back