Other
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Portland
Hi everyone!
32 year old female here. 5 months ago I started having really tight muscles in my arms. Went to pcp was told it’s anxiety. Started meds - no help. 2 months ago I started experiencing body wide twitching. Started magnesium, exercising and stopped caffeine. I get plenty of fluids and rest. My arms and legs feel exhausted all the time and my left leg feels like it has a weird hitch to it when I walk. Almost like it wants to buckle.

My right thumb is also weak and cramping/twitching.

Any thoughts or advice? Currently awaiting a neurologist appointment

Are there any activities or functions you can no longer do? E.g. any difficulty picking up small objects, fastening buttons, turning a key in a door, opening a ziplock bag, or standing on toes or heels?

With ALS, these failures happen quietly without any strange sensations or clues that something is wrong. If you don’t have muscle function failure, then you need not worry about ALS.

Since you are planning on seeing a neurologist, they will check you over for clinical weakness and atrophy. Hopefully they’ll be able to reassure you.

Please read this if you haven’t already:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

I can still do everything but I am having cramping and some pain in my wrist/thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back