strikeout

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Brick
As if muscle atrophy, weakness, fasciculations, etc. weren't enough, my husband has been experiencing a weird sensation in his head. He describes it like a pressure, but also says it feels like something is lifting up his brain and then dropping it back down. Has anyone ever felt anything like this? I have never heard of anything like what he describes, but it doesn't sound good to me. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks for always being there when I need you.

I can't say I recall anyone ever describing a feeling like that before.

AL.

My Dad has reported strange feelings in bed but nothing like you describe. He used to say that when in bed it felt as though there were snakes in the mattress, I think he said they felt still and were not moving. That was several months ago and he hasn't mentioned it lately. Now he is getting strange almost electrical sensations in his feet which usually wakes him.

Is he on any medication?

Hi, Strikeout ...

I have had some wierd sensations, but not like your husband describes. I get an intense sharp pain that starts above my eyebrow and goes straight back through the middle of my head. It feels like someone has driven a sword through my brain, front to back. It only lasts a few seconds, but is strong and sudden enough to make me yelp. It's happened about a dozen times in the last couple of years.

Don't know if this is related or not.

Hang in there,
BethU

when i first got ill i had a strange head feeling a few times.
i got a really uncomfortable warm feeling in the back of my head that went down in to my spine,like warm liquid being poured but not a good feeling.
take care.
caroline:-D

duplinwino,
He is not on anything new, has been taking baclofen for some time and started rilutek and elavil last November. I am anxious to read him everyones responses.

I dont have ALS but i do have muscle problems... I am constantly messaging my head because when i talk or laugh a lot i will get tension pain in my face and in the divets of my skull where there is muscle. It feels like someon pulling your face/skull as tight as possible.... I got a free face lift out of the deal!

I had the same feeling and it was my Blood pressure 185/114 so check that possibility
Pat

I just ask because I've been on antidepressants for years (Elavil is one) and if I miss a dose or two, I have a horrible feeling in my head, my eyes feel like they're bulging, I'm dizzy and swimmy, head feels heavy, it's a very weird feeling. Does he consistently take all of his meds, not missing a dose? That's all I can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back