00/0000
Country
CZ
State
CZ
City
Prague
Dear all,
firstly I would like to apologize for my English and secondly I would like to thank you for the time you devote to my post.
One week ago, after cold shower, which is my daily routine, I began to feel twitching in the muscles. I didn't pay much attention to it, but after a while I searched the internet for a way to get rid of it and as you probably guessed, I came across als. Since then I have begun to see all the symptoms of als. Twitching in the muscles probably comes from anxiety and stress because it took place only at rest and all over the body. But three days ago I began to feel weakness in one of my hands. so I started looking for what the hand of a people who suffers als. Since then I have been mentally exhausted, this has never happened to me, because I still "don't like" something on my hands. I'm ordered to see a general practitioner for tomorrow, but I'm already mentally ill and I haven't slept for three nights because of it.

So I would like to ask you: Is my hand (according to the photo) okay or can it be the beginning of muscle wasting?
I´m 21 y.o. (180cm, 160lbs) and I know that my question is perhaps useless and the chances of me are really small, but believe me, if I wasn't so mentally ill, I wouldn't ask you. I'm not a hypochondriac, I've never had anything like this before.

I might ask at the end: I do quite a lot of sports (I ride a bike, I go to the gym). I cycled 75 miles last weekend (which is my standard) and I didn't feel any changes same in the gym. If I had a starting als, would I have to feel the changes there?

Thank you so much for reading, answering and wishing you all the best.
John

Attachments

• DSC_2693.jpg
    DSC_2693.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 136
I'm sure the GP can reassure you. ALS does not show up as you have described, and I don't see anything alarming in your photo. ALS is indeed a change in what you can do physically, and you have no such changes. Every person here with ALS would love to have the fitness you have.

Most likely, this is a virus, or nothing at all. Not sleeping will not make it any better. If you cannot get rid of the anxiety after the GP, as is likely, tells you all is well, there is always counseling and thinking seriously about whatever real worries you have, so you do not confuse them with a disease that you do not have.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back