Reason
DX MND
Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
UK
City
London
Hi , I've started getting numbness deep inside both my legs and feet. I thought als/mnd doesn't cause numbness or maybe it's the start of becoming paralysed? My legs feel heavy to, it's like when a dentist numbs you before a procedure sort of feeling.

Is there anything pressing on nerves? Leg braces or the way you lie or sit? I never felt anything like that even in places now paralyzed. Did you get seen at the MND Centre yet?

Hi Nikki, nothing is pressing on my legs. It started a few days ago. Seems worse today really numb.

No news yet about my upcoming appointment at the Queen's Square mnd national Hospital.

I just wondered if the numbness is how the paralysed limps starts.

I no I've done it again, limbs . I always spell check after I've hit post reply...

Definitely my Chris never experienced any numbness. he was constantly amazed at how normal he felt.
Might be worth checking out in case it is something else entirely that needs attention.

Thanks affected thats good to know. I dont feel normal with this disease at all. Constant cramping and fasciculations, my stomach feels like its being punched from the inside and now numbness in both legs.

Also did you email Debbie? What happened? Cramps and fasciculations are frequently seen in ALS - numbness not really

No I haven't emailed Debbie yet, I was still holding out for a letter from the hospital , i was hopeful they would contact me first. I shall email Debbie today , just alittle worried as I didn't catch the neurologist name . Thanks again Nikki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back