Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New England
City
Anytown
Wouldnt it be nice to post some stories of hope to inspire those awaiting diagnosis or newly diagnosed that life CAN go on.
MomofTwo

Thanks to this great suggestion, David has created this special section for PALS who are living full and valient lives, with courage and serenity. If you know of someone who deserves to be recognized for their own story of hope, please post it here! Cindy

Thanks Cindy. Al wasn't sure about this one - liked the "In Memory of" idea though. I am glad they both made it through. I hope it becomes a useful part of the forum.

I am thinking that the best way to make this work is if CAL or other family member writes in about their PAL. This is a lot to ask, I know, because the first need is to come here to find out how to cope or what to do.

But quite a few of our PALS live inspiring lives- they probably just do not want to "brag" about it. But there are Mom PALS helping their children cope with the fact that they will be on their own, Dad PALS who remain involved with their children and grandchildren in spite of all else, husband or wife PALS who let their family know how special they are. The list goes on.

We focus on the need for support and information- as we should. But let's not lose sight of the fact that our PALS remain caring, involved, and inspiring right up until the end. This section was created for their stories. Cindy

Hi,

As I am SURE I have ALS,I have progressed from small leg symptoms to very MAJOR ones,but even though I feel I cant hold my arms up good,walking to the back yard to the pool,and floating around with my 2 babies makes it all worth it,I come home feeling like jello,but my kids will have those memories forever!

I'm ready to "go Home" but my body isn't ready - yet. I am so not afraid to die it's almost funny! I have a few years to go I bet.

I'm ready to "go Home" but my body isn't ready - yet. I am so not afraid to die it's almost funny! I have a few years to go I bet.

you are very brave, sir. You have no idea what an admirable trait; as well as valuable; that you possess. God Bless you.

Thank you Clint!

Finally its on Television

Great News Guys I saw the. first commercial on ALS tonight. It was a Pa. channel.
Its about Tme

Pat1

I don't recall hearing about this, Pat. can you describe the commercial?

Hi Cindy
There was a woman and man Saying how many people get ASL and that your mother father child could get it and to help fight ALS at an event in a stadium in Leigh PA I caught the tail end of it.But at least they are startng to talk about ALS and educating the Public

Take care Cindy Pat

I can so identify with your statement. I long to go home to be with my Father in Heaven.

Romans 8:18, "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

By faith, it is the truth for me.

We may suffer for a time now here on earth, but there is coming a time when the true purpose of our living this life and going through this suffering will be revealed. I have read the end of the book. I know how it all ends and I am ready. Even so, come Lord Jesus.

You could hang around for a while longer for us, Capt. AL.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back