Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
al
City
mobile
while i had a completley normal emg i also had a abnormal nervs conduction velocity test does anyone know anybody that have had any results like this i am worried because my legs feel weak sometime and i have a lump when i swallow and my nero doesnt want to see me again for 2 months while my systoms get worse.any advise would be greatl.

The fun thing about ALS or any of the MND's is that it is a waiting game. Wait to see if your symptoms get worse because we don't want to give you bad news unless we're really sure. Fun WOW. Not really but what can you do?

i know its horrible even though he said its not als im thinking id rather know because i have 2 children who dont live near me and i think id like to spend the rest of quality time i have with them even if it means quiting my job and moveing closer to them.

Hi Zac , my situation is almoust the same as yours, but Im almoust 100% that I have ALS.I have problems with my left side of tongue- i cant put the food to my throat, Im biting my teeth during speaking, I have fasc. everywhere, weakness of right foot and right hand.I also have twitches on my face and lips.My first EMG was clean, so I will made my second in the begining of march.Im sure I will have my DX than.Im also young 26, but as far as I know young ppl have that disease too.

I'm sorry for your not knowing zac. I know how you feel. Coming from a mother who thinks she has ALS, if there is a way for you to spend more time with your kids, I would do it. You can look at it like this, if it turns out that you don't have ALS, you didn't lose because you quit your job, you gained a good portion of your children's lives. Some people quit good jobs and the good life to move closer to their kids even when they are not sick. So, if your heart wants the time with them, make plans before you get sicker, if you do. In the meantime, I would be happy with the doctor saying you don't have it while you are waiting to see if your condition changes. You said you had a lump in your throat. Maybe another thyroid test? I know you've probably had them, but that sure would be the easiest fix. I hope you have people in your life to help you!

Leslie

thanks for all your advice ,and anna just wondering how your nerve study come out are did you have one?

My NCV was normal, but thgingd are getting worse and im going to repat it again-next week I think.

good luck anna thry say with a clean emg from what ive read means no als so good luck wish you the best.

Thank You Zac Im pretty scared and belive me very tired of this spastic pain in my legs, swallowing and many other things.Next friday Im going repeat my EMG, but this time it will be full EMG with tongue and other muscles.Previous one was only with my legs and NCV on my right hand and right leg.

i just had the emg on my left side arns and legs but not throat go see a doctor for that tommorrow well good luck.

ltr said:
I'm sorry for your not knowing zac. I know how you feel. Coming from a mother who thinks she has ALS, if there is a way for you to spend more time with your kids, I would do it. You can look at it like this, if it turns out that you don't have ALS, you didn't lose because you quit your job, you gained a good portion of your children's lives. Some people quit good jobs and the good life to move closer to their kids even when they are not sick. So, if your heart wants the time with them, make plans before you get sicker, if you do. In the meantime, I would be happy with the doctor saying you don't have it while you are waiting to see if your condition changes. You said you had a lump in your throat. Maybe another thyroid test? I know you've probably had them, but that sure would be the easiest fix. I hope you have people in your life to help you!

Leslie
Many of you who are sick and tired, possibly the article below will be helpful to you.

Worry and Anxiety Help

"A God, invisible but omnipotent. It steals the bloom from the cheek and lightness from the pulse; it takes away the appetite and turns the hair gray." - Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)

It does a lot more than that, Benjamin! The harm that worry causes in our lives has been well documented by many writers, health professionals, and philosophers. Worry can weaken and sicken us, and turn our days into nightmares. At the very least, it prevents us from living fully and happily the only life that we will ever have. At it's worse, it is a killer.

There are numerous ideas that help to reduce or eliminate worry and the symptoms associated with it. Many of the pages in this collection present different topics for consideration in a program to live a happy life with a minimum of worry.

Worrying over things that 'might' happen can waste large portions of one's life, considering that so often it is for nothing, and almost certainly does no good.

"My life has been full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened." - Michel de Montaigne (1533-1592)

A lot of our anxieties and fears have no sound basis. The rest, when examined for what they are, can usually be set aside. In the small percentage of cases where they cannot, they should not dominate our lives. If it's something we can do nothing about, let's spend our time thinking about the good and pleasant things in our lives, and move on in a peaceful and contented state of mind.

"There is great beauty in going through life without anxiety or fear. Half our fears are baseless, and the other half discreditable." - Christian Bovee (1820-1904)

It's never too late to start eliminating worry.

If you are interested in this artticle, your are invited to read and post to my blog at http://blog.ev.mu.

ltr said:

Leslie
Many of you who are sick and tired, possibly the article below will be helpful to you.

Worry and Anxiety Help

"A God, invisible but omnipotent. It steals the bloom from the cheek and lightness from the pulse; it takes away the appetite and turns the hair gray." - Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)

It does a lot more than that, Benjamin! The harm that worry causes in our lives has been well documented by many writers, health professionals, and philosophers. Worry can weaken and sicken us, and turn our days into nightmares. At the very least, it prevents us from living fully and happily the only life that we will ever have. At it's worse, it is a killer.

There are numerous ideas that help to reduce or eliminate worry and the symptoms associated with it. Many of the pages in this collection present different topics for consideration in a program to live a happy life with a minimum of worry.

Worrying over things that 'might' happen can waste large portions of one's life, considering that so often it is for nothing, and almost certainly does no good.

"My life has been full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened." - Michel de Montaigne (1533-1592)

A lot of our anxieties and fears have no sound basis. The rest, when examined for what they are, can usually be set aside. In the small percentage of cases where they cannot, they should not dominate our lives. If it's something we can do nothing about, let's spend our time thinking about the good and pleasant things in our lives, and move on in a peaceful and contented state of mind.

"There is great beauty in going through life without anxiety or fear. Half our fears are baseless, and the other half discreditable." - Christian Bovee (1820-1904)

If you are interested in this artticle, your are invited to read and post to my blog at http://blog.ev.mu.

ltr said:

Leslie

Worry and Anxiety Help

My own journey has convinced me of this law of the Universe:

You must be grateful for what you have, and look for opportunities to grow from your experience. You attract more of the energy you put off. If you feel anger and frustration or worry, you will receive more situations that cause anger and frustration or worry. The good news is, the opposite is also true. If you cultivate positive thoughts and emotions, they will flow back to you in abundance.

Mike

Mike,

You have a wonderfully philosophical attitude to life. I looked at your website and it is true that when I left it, I felt warm, serene and positive. You are very lucky too to have such a wonderful support in your wife.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back