Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
West Sussex
City
Chichester
I have posted before so sorry to post again but I am still very concerned so much so that my GP has referred me for a 2nd opinion.

I had an EMG done in August and it come back with Nerve Conduction as normal although evidence of left Ulnar neuropathy at the elbow which looks quite severe with loss if ulnar nerve sensory potential and chronic partial denervation in the ADM muscle ,Clinical examination did not show fasiculations anywhere but the EMG study did reveal fasciculations in the leg muscles but no evidence of acute or chronic denervation .

My concern is that I noticed prior to the EMG that the bottom of my left leg ankle to bottom of shin bone is approx half inch thinner than right leg ,the Neurophysiologist that performed EMG told me to stop measuring it and didn't seem bothered , and nothing showed on EMG except Fasciculations in both legs , I pointed out was also also getting cramps in legs especially left .he put it down as BFS

Anyway fast forward and I still have the twitching in my left leg and it is constant and now right leg is twitching more as well , I am also getting random one of twitches all over the body and last night just below my left eye twitched for about a minute.

My question is would an EMG pick up atrophy/denervation on my legs and not just Fasciculations which is all that shows on the EMG report , I am somewhat confused as thought EMG's could pick up potential problems way before twitching /other symptoms etc , obviously having the problem with my arm is making me even more concerned as both left side and my GP thinks same -must point out that have been discharged by previous Neurologist saying my main problem is anxiety and need to see a Psychiatrist , my GP was not impressed by this hence seeking a 2nd opinion.

Many thanks again for reading this and any advice that may be offered.

Half inch differences in arms and legs is normal asymmetry, and nothing to worry about. An EMG would pick up denervation/renervation well before you would notice any symptoms. And the sensory symptoms point away from ALS. You don't need to be here.
Vincent

Many thanks for your reply Vincent , would like to also say that noticed dents in both legs too and they feel weak but am not sure if this is me perceiving weakness,my main point you answered with if an EMG would pick up problems way before twitching/possible atrophy and you answered this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back