Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Oakville
Hello to all,
Thank you for allowing me back into your world. Your support means more than you know. A special thanks to Wright for his patience and his detailed and thorough responses and to notme for understanding my position with anxiety and all of the support. Your really made me feel that I was welcome to post here again. Thank you!

Most of you know my story. About 7 weeks of symptoms that include twitches, tingling, loss of dexterity in hands, and muscle loss in chest, back, quads, calfs, neck. There is also a question of tongue mobility, but no choking or slurring.

Have seen 3 gps, two neuros for physical exams, and one emg on left leg and arm. All indicate that I don't have als.

Most of you have told me in no uncertain terms to go away with these reports and enjoy life. I truly am trying to do this, however, anxiety has a strong hold on me and I am finding it very difficult to let it go with new symptoms.

In the last week or so, I have experienced new symptoms, mostly on my right side in my right arm. I seem to have dents. One in my forearm and one in my bicep where it meets the shoulder. They seem to have occurred literally over night. I do have twitches in my arm along with many other places in my body.

1. Does atrophy present as dents and can it happen very quickly. Wright told me with atrophy there would be profound weakness, I may have fatigue, but certainly not profound weakness.
2. Overall, in a little less than eight weeks, all of the symptoms listed above plus loss of muscle mass and tone across the large muscles of the entire body, tongue mobility concerns though no slurring or choking, and now atrophy dents overnight. Does this sound possible with als.
3. Can anxiety really be doing this to me? I know the mind is very powerful. I have had a mental health intake consult this week and have an appt with a doctor at the end of the month.
Thank you for your understanding and support. Your comments are truly appreciated.

Healthy--this is what annoys people, dear. Asked and answered in your last post.

You've done exactly what I tried to explain was difficult for people here to respond to--multiple posts with symptoms.

You honestly can't expect help from the folks here if you can't listen to simple requests. There comers a point where we are 'beating a dead horse'. I'm done responding.

To future readers: Please understand that many people answered this poster, despite his using two different user names. We do want to be helpful, but when it seems that our help isn't hat is really wanted, we do tend to stop responding.

I suggest that we no longer respond to Healthy. We are simply feeding his anxiety, apparently.

Last edited:
Hello notme,
Thank you for your input once again. I know that this may be trying on the repsonders on this forum, but it is my only outlet at this point.
As als is a progressive disease, I was simply trying to gather input as to whether or not the new symptoms should be perceived as worrisome since they have presented since my emg and neuro visits. I am sorry if I offended you.
Thank you

Healthy--you are obviously intelligent enough to realize that ALS doesn't move this fast. In fact, NOTHING can waste a muscle in a week. ASKED AND ANSWERED.

I tried to defend your position in your last thread--gave you the benefit of the doubt. It was a mistake. It's only feeding your anxiety. A very unhealthy anxiety.

ATROPHY IS A LMN SIGN. LMN SIGNS SHOW UP ON EMG. PERIOD. A doctor doesn't miss atrophy. A normal EMG a week ago could not produce this level of atrophy in a week--even if we believed ALS moved this quickly--or if it was 'done too soon'. Muscle loss causes atrophy. With that loss comes weakness. Profound and unmistakable weakness.

Enough. Get help. There was absolutely no good reason to start a new thread. Wright has answered you several times in messages. I'm one of the lucky ones here. I can use one hand completely to type. I only have one dead hand to contend with. Others here are so much worse off. Why would you put them through answering you again and again? Can you really not see why others are accusing you of having ulterior motives?

You've been answered by the most knowledgeable people here already. In your first thread, which is basically the same as this one.

My one hand was weak months before it atrophied. It was painfully obvious to the doctor, neuro and myself. It showed on the EMG. It's LMN -- which shows on EMG.

Anxiety can produce all sorts of physical symptoms in the body. Go to your appointment. Take ALS off your radar. Ther was a great thread recently about health anxiety.
Good luck to you.

Please go to aboutbfs.com and ask these questions there. There are hundreds of folks there with your same anxiety over clean E mg, muscle atrophy and perceived weakness and twitching. They even have a chat room that is ran by a member who came here with concerns.

I feel so sorry for you

You truly think you have als.

That's horrible for you

Hope you get some answers that you will believe .You don't believe any of us

Pat

Hundreds of folks have been helped on the site I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back