Reason
Other
Country
US
State
MI
City
z
I have not posted in a while, but I am still twitching. It has now been 19 months of continuous twitching. My feet and calves pop like pop corn continually and the rest of my body has a little twitch here and there all of the time. Occassionally my feet get crampy but not very often anymore. I have no weakness. I can still do everything I always could. I have not seen a neuro since it started and he did not feel an EMG was necessary. He just said benign twitching. I guess after this long of continual twitching I can be assured that it is benign. Am i right in assuming that I would have weakness by now in the areas that have never stopped twitching? I guess it is time for a little reassurance again. Every once in a while that worry sneaks back in.
Thanks
Sue

i hope

I am hoping mine are benign too...i have had mine for about a month and a half, and no apparent weakness....although i do think i imagine i have weakness and atrophy....do you ever have those issues....do you have an anxiety about your health?

Yes, I sure do have health anxiety at times. I was very concerned in the beginning but it gets better as time goes on. Every once in a while though I still worry but only for a short period and then I move on. It will get better for you with time!
Sue

I'd have to say Sue that after 19 months with no apparent change and being less crampy you're probably in good shape and shouldn't be worrying. Check in again next year.

AL.

Every once in a while that worry sneaks back in.

Some folks are able to hold down the worry by reading about other PALS and how the progress or handle things. Others find it unnerving to come here. I hope you find a way to keep away the worries! :-D

Thanks so much for your responses!:-D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back