Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
Jax
Hi, earlier this year I started having dysphagia. Been in and out the hospital for dysphagia and breathing problems. And weight loss. And if you read my previous post, I had problems that started last year, such as balance, gait problems and vertigo. I've kept a cane in my car for sometime.

I haven't been able to work since earlier this year, mainly because of breathing issues. Even the smallest exertion, such as getting up walking to the bathroom almost takes me out.

I have no blood clots, asthma meds barely work, reflux meds does nothing and doctors aren't finding a physical reason to why struggle to breath during the day.

I read my sleep study from last year, and I had many hypoapneas. But doctors say sleep apnea, shouldn't be causing my extreme breathing problems during the day.

I've noticed using my CPAP while awake during the day helps my breathing a little.

I'm at a loss.

Here's your prior post so folk can see prior discussion and reported symptom history:

If you are not initiating enough breaths on CPAP, you might need a higher pressure, more expiratory relief (not all machines have this), or a switch to BiPAP. Disrupted sleep could also account for feeling air hunger or having poor balance during the day. I would discuss this with your pulmonologist or whoever prescribed the CPAP. If you do not have a reliable pulse oximeter, using one periodically and recording the results might help your docs, if any are abnormal.

Asthma meds can be good or bad, depending on how they are used. Again, this is a pulmo's job -- to help sort this out.

Still no reason to think of ALS or anything like it.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back