Status
Not open for further replies.
Beach61,

My hat is off to your neurologist. You stated you have numbness all over. The neuro must have picked up on this because he/she stated it doesn't look like you have ALS. Numbness has to do with sensory neurons, not motor neurons; hence, a sign of something else other than ALS (which involves motor neurons - upper and lower).

Your relatives are telling you your troubles are due to stress. Fasciculations are very frequently brought on by stress. I predict your fascics will intensify simply due to the increased, self-induced stress you are putting on yourself by thinking or fearing you have ALS. You seem to be in a self-destructive mindset. I would listen to what Wright and others have posted for you.

Believe what your neurologist says. What sound reason would you possibly have not too? Wouldn't you at least rather fixate on some treatable neuropathy?

Zaphoon

Ok iwill try to cool it

I have an spot with my ENT on Monday because I felt that I had a ball in my throaty.

When I do swallow it's from the left side of throat?

Thanks again for your support

Beach

Beach,

Numbness all over your body is a sign of anxiety. Are you taking anything for anxiety?
Many of your symptons are.....

yes I am taking Xanax but it does not seem to help.

I now have had shakes when I type on the key board and lift my fingers they shake.

that too may be stress.

Beach,

If one particular anxiety med is not working for you, ask to try another. There are several products out there, and each person responds a little differently. Doseage is also another thing that has to be balanced out.

Take care,

Robert

beach

I was on xanax and that is not the kind that will help. It did not help me overall only temporarly. She put on something else and that did not work and then the lexapro did. I have anxiety and not depression. Lexapro has not done well for some on here, but it has been great for me. If I miss a few days my family jokes and tells me I better get that px filled because I get so emtional and sensitive. I actually got upset at the macaroni grill because when I got there my mom and sisters were not sitting by the fire place. There was this empty spot right infront of this great warm fireplace, perfect for wine and nope we were off in a booth. I wont get in details but this is NOT a reason to get upset and I had been off the pills for a few days......

If you are in Wyoming, its -10 out, and you're not sitting by the fireplace, it is a perfectly good reason to get upset ;)

Robert

LOL Robert!

It is 9 degree's here and going to 0! Tomorrow a high of 8! Oh well....just more of a reason to cuddle with the family tonight in my bed!

baby it's cold outside!

As for here, it's a balmy 16 right now, going to 4 by morning. Time to break out the ear muffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back