Diagnosis
12/2017
Country
Us
State
Virginia
City
Carrollton
Just saw thread that expressed concern about finding stickies. I had the same problem when I first entered this forum. The only place that I could find the term "sticky" was in the individual posts that discuss them. The yellow shaded entry's at the beginning of each forum category do not explicitly indentify themselves as stickies or at least I could not find the reference.

I assume that there are blurbs on the forum that explain stickies and where to find them but new members like myself are overwhelmed with these "how to" things.

Can the term "sticky" be a part of the yellow shaded text?

I've taken to referring to them a "pinned posts" at the top of a subforum due to this concern. On the other hand, I've been using forums for over 10 years, and the term "stickies" is understood to refer to notes permanently sitting at the top of listed forum threads. You bring up a good point that not everyone is familiar with some of the ubiquitous terms in forum use.

You can see the 'Sticky Thread' tag if you hover your mouse pointer over the pin icon in the Status column. I have to admit that is a less than an ideal indicator, but it is available.

Dave

Yeah they used to be labelled STICKY, but at some upgrade to the forum software a while back the labels changed and we can't help but call them stickies ... :shock:

Oh Well. At least they were labeled in the past. Makes me wonder what other inside knowledge I'm missing. I am learning but the lazy part of me always wants a short cut. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back