Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
tx
City
Dallas
I have shared so much here over the years that I feel that this part of journey should be shared here before anyone or anywhere else.

I hope that this helps a CAL somewhere.

Steve was very anxious last night and today about the mask coming off and his breathing. He was fighting the meds meant to keep him comfortable. We were told that this would take a few days.

I talked to Steve and let him know to be a peace and trust me and the team. I told him I was going to go lay down and get some sleep.

I was asleep and then heard his voice. I went into his room and he was here but non responsive.

I told him how wonderful my life was with him and that his mom would come get him. He laid there for a minute then smiled and left with his mom. I know this.

He did what he has always done. Thought of me first making sure I got some rest.

He died peacefully with me in his arms and help on his way out.

Thanks for sharing, Deb. I know your story will help your fellow CALS.

Very happy that Steve is flying free, from a place of peace and love. You made it all possible for him.

Best,
Laurie

Deb, your love for Steve has shown in every post you have made here. Thank you. I am glad Steve's step to what comes next was so peaceful and that you were there with him as he went ahead.

Thinking of you

Oh Deb, a peaceful end, and he gave you this so that you will never have to look back and wonder what if anything. This beast can never chew on him again, can never touch him not even a little bit.

Hugging you close my friend, you are amazing and his belief in you is totally valid. I am so proud to call you friend xxxxx

I am so happy it was peaceful and you were there! You were an awesome CALS every step of the way! Comfort to you as he flies free!

So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

Angie

I'm glad your husband got to pass away peacefully. It was a long journey... I hope that you find love and peace in the future. Take care.

Rob

Deb - what a beautiful transition for Steve. My thoughts and prayers are with you in the days and months ahead. You were such a wonderful and loving CALS. Steve was so blessed to have you by his side every step of the way.

Hugs,

Deb, I am so grateful that Steve's passing was so peaceful and that you were able to help him at that time. Your love for Steve came through in every one of your posts. Thank you for sharing this and I pray for the same peaceful passing for all of our PALS.

Sharon

Thank you so very much

Thank you Tillie. You blessed me so very much with your kindness, support and love. Your book guided me through some dark times and Steve's tree made us both smile.

Thank you so very much. I think of you often Nikki. Your courage is inspiring.

Thanks so very much. Your love and dedication inspired me and made me a better CALS and I am so very grateful.

Im so sorry. I know. But glad at the same time, Deb. Sorry you had to let him go. Glad you got to hold him, and he you. Glad you got to share those moments in time. Glad he's free of those chains and confinement. Glad you have/had the family support to help you. Glad for him that he had you. Glad that you will always have him inside you.

So very sorry for your loss.

I’m glad you were in his arms. He clearly went out with a lot of love. What a beautiful tribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back