07/2015
Country
US
State
tx
City
Dallas
Hi Everyone,

I know its been awhile since I have posted. I just felt that today was right.

The love of my life has decided that the time has come to end the fight. He's been an amazing fighter for over three years. He dealt with this disease with far more postivity, and courage then I ever thought possible. He made it a lot longer then his doctors believed.

We both feel that its because I found this group right after diagnosis. There are so many here that I owe a eternal gratitude to. You took me under your wings as we started this journey. You guided me every step of the way. You gave me strength and knowledge that enabled Steve to recieve the best of care. You taught me to be stronger than I ever thought possible.

My heart broke each time I logged in here... the past year and I just couldn't stay strong for him after coming to love so many of you here. I am totally amazed at CALS like Tillie, Laurie and Mike who dedicate so much of thier time to the new CALS. You were all such a rope for me.

For those that are still on this journey...the support you recieve here will get you through. You will come out the other side a stronger and more caring person.

As for Steve....he will be weaned off the mask starting Weds or Thursday after family has said thier final goodbyes and have left. I am virtually a basket case but trying my best to stay strong for the man who saved me 19 years ago.

My life was changed by him. His support of my choices was unwavering, his ability to let me spread my wings and fly. Never once telling me no or stopping me.He loved this crazy dare devil girl...just as she was. He gave me 19 wonderful years and it was a incredible journey.

My heart is truly breaking and I don't know if I will ever find true joy again. I know I will continue to chase my dreams, try crazy stuff, travel and experience new things. He will be in my heart forever. I know I will hear these four words for the rest of my life.

YOU CAN DO IT...BABY!

Prayers sent!!!

Oh my dear friend xxx

You and Steve are always high in my thoughts, and this week will be very close to my heart.

You can do it xxxx

Thank you so very much my dear friend.

You have been an awesome CALS, Deb, as well as half of an awesome couple. Continuing to chase your dreams and encouraging others to do the same, is the best legacy that Steve could ask for.

Comfort and peaceful passages for all of you this week.

Best,
Laurie

Wishing you strength and comfort as you give him this gift. Peace to all of you

Thank you so very much for your kind words.

God bless you, Deb. Both you and Steve will be in my thoughts.

You are an awesome CALS.

So sorry that the time has come Deb! I will be praying for you and your family. I will be praying for a peaceful passing for Steve. Hugs my friend!

Thanks friend

Deb I am so very sorry to hear this. You are such an awesome CALS. Steve was as blessed by you as you were by him. What a wonderful gift you will be giving to him. I will be praying for peace and comfort for you go through this toughest part of the journey.

Hugs,

Your tribute to Steve touched me. I wish him (and you) a peaceful transition.

My heart breaks for you, Deb. Be a basket case, this could be the most emotional week of your life. I know everyone's different but from what you're writing I know you're gonna be okay. ALS gives you the chance to really say goodbye and tell your love everything that's important. There's truth and beauty in the horror as this disease takes everything but what's best in humans.
A beautiful post. All the best to Steve and the whole family and a big hug to you.

Oh Deb I’m so sorry. Glad you have known real love though. I have too.

takes my breath away.

so very glad he is able to make the choice.

Godspeed Steve. I wish peace for you. Fly free from this damn disease.

Sending you strength Deb. I know you are digging deep right now...sending you all I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back