Steve Gleason Act - Action Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed! I am co side ring writing Team Gleason to help advocate for better homecare benifits for ALS.

This is so important. I strongly encourage all PALS and CALS to take a couple of minutes to send a message of support their Senators and Representative.

Signed. It's so very important.

That only took half of a moment. Thanks!!

Great! Thanks

Just sent mine

Sent mine in!

I shared with American friends who have signed and shared! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for friends South of the border.

Did it. Simple and easy. Just click on the link.

Signed and shared on Facebook. Got a ton of people saying they signed. Some shared again too.

Signed. Took one minute.

I signed and shared on facebook. Took about 5 seconds. This bill passed through the House last night, but Steve Gleason says the effort in the Senate may be more challenging. Praying it makes it through!

Canned response from Sen Corker

"Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about the Steve Gleason Act of 2017. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

I share your desire to ensure proper devices are available for those suffering with neurological diseases, and I appreciate your advocacy on behalf of this important issue. I understand that many people who suffer from a variety of disabling diseases rely on speech-generating devices (SGDs) for communication. People with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), such as former NFL football player Steve Gleason of the New Orleans Saints, are especially reliant on this technology and its coverage by Medicare. As you know, the Steve Gleason Act of 2017 would amend the Social Security Act by permanently removing the rental cap for SGDs. This legislation builds on Congressional actions in 2015 and is currently pending before the Senate Finance Committee. Should it come before the full Senate for a vote, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator"

It passed! Thanks, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back