Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New England
City
Anytown
Well! If Mr. Hawking can manage a trip to outer space then I ought to be able to make it to work everyday without much whining! Cindy

Beebe

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
4/2006
Country
oce
State
new jersey
City
forked river
Hi

Hi there, Just caught a clip of Stephen Hawking on the New Jersey News Channel. Unbelievable man. My Best to all, Beebe

stevef

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
massachusetts
City
weymouth
It was great he was able to do that but unfortunatly they never seemed to mention or promote he had als. it would have been nice to raise awarness about it with this. Not evenone knows who he is.

stevef

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
massachusetts
City
weymouth
who did the promation or showing it. I think we should call them and have them bring up the point that not many people realize why he is like he is and bring some awarness to the subject. I mean was it cbs abc whoever

davis07

Country
US
State
Ga.
City
Gainesville

I watched it to I kept waiting to see if they said what he
had, no luck , why would they not say everybody would want
to no what happened to him.

Davis 07

BWk

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Country
grant
State
new mexico
City
silver city
Hawking

I was impressed that they 'did mention' he had als and I believe it it was on MSNBC [cable]. Barry

hboyajian

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Vashon
There was a show on Steven Hawking 3 or 4 months ago that described his life story, focusing on his theories about black holes and how these progressed over time. ALS was definitely part of the presentation, and they demonstrated how he worked with an assistant to accomplish his work in astrophysics even after he was completely paralyzed. My son was really interested in the science content, and was continually annoyed by my mother and I discussing the progression of his ALS and trying to figure out if he was on a vent.

Frizzel

Distinguished member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
03/2007
Country
US
State
WA
City
Vancouver
ALS or PLS

Since Steven Hawking was diagnosed over 20 years ago and Primary Lateral Sclerosis was not even thought of at that time, does anyone suppose he could have Primary Lateral Schlerosis a benign form of ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.