03/2015
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
london
Hello everyone

My father has been diagnosed about 2 years ago and still going strong. Obviously i've been researching any option for him.

I am certain many of you saw articles by Unique Access and GlobalStemCells which is the same team.

We want to be vigilant and not taken advantage of. There are some inconsistencies on the site , a few overly promising statements however its very hard to actually find and speak to real participants.

Has anyone been researching, planning or have gone to Thailand for stem cells injections?

They have sent me a sample report and i've asked a friend to verify it for me. They are charging 28,000USD for 2 week process.

I can provide more information.

If you are in any way affiliated with Thailand/Singapore based company offering this service, DO NOT respond.

Thank you, lets discuss and share information.

Search our site. Long time consensus is that stem cells therapy for ALS is an iffy waste of money at best and a total scam otherwise.

If anything were able to give a significant improvement for PALS, we would be all over it.

I agree with Mike, I think if you search Stem Cell on this site you will get our feelings on the matter.
Al

Thanks Mike and Al

I've been reaching out to a few people that are featured in articles, etc. trying to determine what they have seen while receiving these injections.
Supposedly in the past stem cells injections in Thailand were different and now with embryonic cord based stem cells, they are more efficient.

I spoke to a friend Doctor and he brought up a point. The package includes multiple sessions of physio, nutrition, and RTMs , plus hotel stay (which is cheap in thailand anyway).
So its hard to understand if those additional things just make the person feel better or the stem cells they inject.

I've reached out to Andrew Bell who is featured on their site and will try to get more information. Seeking others on this site that have gone or reached out..

In my five years since diagnosis I've seen only two people report back on one of these "clinics".

One saw a slight, temporary improvement, the other saw zip.

To be blunt, the people who go to these clinics are desperate fools.

Plz read this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3273527/

I have to add that these can be actively detrimental. Steve Gleason, the retired Saints Player who got ALS in his 30's and made a documentary was involved in legit stem cell research and it hastened his progression substantially. I can only imagine what might happen with the "clinic" crowd.

It is definitely true what Lenore says. People have died from commercial stem cell treatments even. I did not think Steve Gleason was in a real trial though? I thought he went to Mexico?

Interesting finding this topic here.
My husband saw their ad on google and contacted them about 2 months ago.
The information they gave sounded too good to be true but my husband was declining fast and was willing to try anything.

We were planning on giving it a go but Hurricane Harvey changed our plans.
I could never imagine saying this but that hurricane possibly saved his life.

Started doing more research about this company global stem cells or Unique access medical or world medical center and was shocked to find cases of previous patient deaths, fraud allegations and so much more.

Im new to this forum so I’m not sure if I can share the website links here but there are several websites on google that describe in detail how dishonest and dangerous this company is. They flat our lied to my husband on the phone about several things and when i called them out on it they just disappeared.

Warning to anyone who reads this please do your homework before working with these snake oil salesman.

Unfortunately, we are just not there yet. There is very promising research being undertaken at many prestigious universities around the world (in the USA alone ...... Columbia, Stanford, Cal-Berkeley, Duke, Harvard, etc.) As Mike said, if there was any safe/proven stem cell therapy for NMD it would be widely reported in scientific journals & we'd be all over it.

"Stem cells have been shown to produce support cells for dying motor neurons called astrocytes which may slow down disease progression. Furthermore, many studies have shown that growth factors such as glial cell line-derived growth factor (or GDNF) can protect motor neurons from damage in a number of different animal models including those for ALS. However, delivering GDNF to the spinal cord has been almost impossible as it does not cross from the blood to the brain tissue". (https://www.cirm.ca.gov/our-progress/awards/stem-cells-secreting-gdnf-treatment-als)

https://blog.cirm.ca.gov/2016/10/24...ng-als-gets-go-ahead-to-start-clinical-trial/

....."Now science has progressed, and we know these stem cells are not fully equivalent to human embryonic stem cells. We know that they keep the imprint of their initial fate, and you would never put these cells in a patient because of the risk of developing a tumor. But they are an incredible tool for research". (5 Questions with Prof. Emmanuelle Passegué on Stem Cells - Columbia University Medical Center)

Thank you all who are responding to this. I think its very important we have information that is helpful to others.

My contact from that firm was Hanna Borek.

What threw me off was :

1. 35 physio sessions
2. Nutrition
3. The contact from that firm claimed her father was a patient

I've requested a sample of Lab Report for injections. I can upload the picture.

Would anyone want to see it?

This type of marketing definitely throws people off, Since there are actual stem cells engineered to tackle specific neuro connections to muscles , it seems that these injections are questionable.

I have been able to reach out to one patient they made kind famous in UK , i am not sure if he is getting better from all the physio work but he is convinced stem cells are helping. I am afraid that is not scientific.

I do wish that there would be stem cells that can help us folks.

I wish US was not sooo damn religious and would let science be science. If it wasn't for Bush era Christians we would have treatment by now i am certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back