Diagnosis
08/2008
Country
nl
State
zeeland
City
terneuzen
i was told that maybe "stem cell treatment "maybe will help my poor mum for her ALS.

anybody has any idea about this operation?

i am getting crazy ! hope there is a cure for my mum.

thanks for everybody

Linda

I am sorry Linda but there is no cure for ALS. Stem cell treatments don't work and they are just stealing your money and giving you false hope. If you do a search under vitamins in our search area at the top here you will find some that people have found that they feel helped and they are cheap. Stem cell research is being done everywhere but it is not a cure yet.

AL.

hi ithink eventually stem cell research will be the key,but as of now save your money ,thats my opinion for what its worth,if money is no object and a treatment would not harm you go for it.

Linda..(.ref Kevinski) within reason, money is no object for us, but I would still NOT pay for stem cell treatment, I want it more than anything as I firmly believe that it will one day prove to be one answer and I want to be around to benefit from it, so much so that we are paying to collect cord blood from 2 about to be born grandchildren, in the hope that it may be able to be used sometime soon, or if not, it may prove beneficial for who knows what disease in the future. (it is stored for 20 years). My neuro also thinks it is well worth saving...and he is heavily into MND/ALS research.

I agree with Al, and I guess most people on this and other forums, it will not work YET. There are reputable researchers and hopital/universities looking into this form of treatment. Like last week when a combination of work in Boston and London found another important clue to this disease, it will make news worldwide WHEN it is found.

Neuralstem

Well, Neuralstem is in the process of seeking FDA approval right now with their stem cell technology. It could proved to have good efficacy. It will take time though for it to become widely available to PALS.

Right Mike. I think the future is in stem cells but not yet and certainly not in some unregulated clinic in a third world country.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back