Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
New York
City
Plainview
Any one have any experience with this in Beijing, Wu Med Ctr?
Looking into going, was hoping someone else had info on efficacy
Thanks☺

Don't do it.

We had one member a couple years back that got the huge pile of money together, went to China, came back and *started* a blog. Never heard from him again.

Wait until the stem cell technology being trialed by Brainstorm hits.

In my 6 years of als I've seen only *two* people first-hand report an improvement. It lasted only a matter of a few months. They didn't go for the follow-up visits (you DO know any effects are TEMPORARY, right?)

I was reading on the ALStdi website news and stem cell research has been going on for twelve years by reputable scientists. After all this time, One stem cell therapy is entering phase 3 trial, which means that authoritative efficacy of stem cell therapy will only be available upon completion of this current trial.
Like was said already, individual case reports are of temporary benefit only. Until there's knowledge of the causes of ALS, simply injecting healthy cells will do nothing to stop the disease process.

Bruce

Thanks, actually I looked up US patient who had gone over....googled him. .Got the obituary posted 6 months after his "miraculous treatment". Hmmmm how promising huh? If it sounds too good to be true....it usually is..

But good for you for checking!

Too many of our desperate peers just go! And, it appears DO NOT live to see any benefit.

You've been dealing with this for awhile, God's got some plans.My son is disabled ...seizure disorder,diapers no speaking but walks, Dad passed of Huntingtons 2yrs ago now me....whirlpool we're having fun now....lol
Its all good, it's never "why me?" , he'll why NOT me,right?
A new normal, changing daily.

Whoopee not whirlpool

I think 'whirlpool' was probably accurate, too!

I've gone through the Wu Clinic patients and checked them out on Facebook - they all look fake unfortunately. They all started accounts a few months before undergoing treatment and all posts are related to treatment... The photos at the clinic look real, but I'm be wary...

I'm eagerly waiting results from Brainstorm. I touched base with Tim Shaw is is a well know ex-NFL player. He is doing treatment and he replied "I wish I could say I've noticed a big impact, but all I can say at this point is that I stay hopeful." Regardless, i am still positive about the results from the trial.

Nat e
Yea.me too. That's the guys whose obit came.up. oh he was real

U do matter.....alot!

Uh oh, why don't I want to fit in here so well...lol kidding. I feel like I am at an AA mtg....yup recovering alcoholic too. Boy I'm just loads of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back