05/2007
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
Hi All:

my brother emailed me about this guy doing stem cell surgeries with reported success, although i cdn't find anything re: als. does anyone know more ?

Dr. Carlos Lima
Egas Moriz Hospital
Lisbon, Portgual
tel. 351.21.365001

also, when you do a google search: "als stem cell" there's all kinds of claims, including healing by patients that went to China ?

i also have some alternative ideas that i'd like to run by ya'll. have pals tried ingesting breast milk ? if yes, with any noticeable improvement ?

one of my original ideas is to do a "shut down & reboot", just like you do when your computer, copier whatever, is giving you problems. i kinda like this one ... i got more.

i was thinking "muscle relaxers" cd potentially help slow progression...any thoughts ?

some good news; since i've been off rilutek & lithium, my appetite has improved as well as my actual caloric intake. i've gained about 1.5 lbs. not alot really, but i was losing wt. before.

hyperbaric treatment helped me, but unless your rich, it's not sustainable.

i went & saw "john of God" in Brazil / my brother last year, but unfortunately was not healed.

hope you all are well and wish you and your families love & peace .....

thanks,

Shane

No offense Shane but who is this guy in Portugal reporting his success too, his banker? To this date there have been absolutely NO proven results of stem cell transplants working anywhere.
Breast milk is something I've never heard of. Where do you get it? I have this picture in my mind of a man with a cup outside the maternity ward with a sign. Will work for Milk!
My appetite was better off the Lithium too. I'd be a bit leary of the muscle relaxers. Weak muscles and the drug might drop you on your face more.
Don't try anything too silly. You don't want to do more damage than you're already in store for.

AL.

Forgive me, Shane, but I cannot resist.

Yes, I tried breast milk 72 years ago. It was great at the time, but the effects have worn off ...

With that out of my system, I think it's wonderful that you're thinking outside the box. We really need creative thinking. I've been wondering about protheses (sp?) for ALS patients who cannot use their arms. Seems to me there is some really cutting edge work being done in that area ...

BethU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back