Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
OH
City
Aurora
I was on every kind of statin out there for about a year. I complained to my doctor that they were causing severe cramps in my arm and legs. She would take me off that statin and put me on the next. Any link between statins and ALS?

My Neuro says there is and presented a paper on it at the Neurological Conference in Toronto a few months back.
AL.

I believe from my non-ALS-related reading that statins can cause all kinds of muscle weakness and cramping, primarily because they deplete CoQ10, which depletes naturally with age. Anyone on a statin MUST be on CoQ10 according to Dr. Mike Eades of proteinpower.com. Of course, whether or not statins do any good for the vast majority of users is another matter. But if you're on it, CoQ10 would probably help. Check out Dr. Eades' blog and do a "statin" search.

Okay, I did it myself, and I can't find his specific recommendation. It may have been in one of his books. But this post ought to give you some example of the troubles that statins can cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link you provided had more stuff for sale than Wal Mart. Whatever good these guys might do is negated when they try to sell you crap to bolster their opinion. That's why the link waas removed. More advertizing than good information.
AL.

Sorry about that, Al. His blog has gotten kind of clogged up with ads to help pay for it. I totally understand, but the post on "statin disaster" is worth reading if they're having problems and care to do the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back