Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
virginia
City
swoope
what advice / thots do you have about the instruction to take 2 pills daily, about 12 hrs apart -- on an empty stomach... at least 1 hour prior to a meal... or 2 to 3 hours after a meal ------ also, the instructions say do -not- take with alcohol....i'm assuming / wishing that this means do not guzzle the pill down with beer.... and does -not- mean i have to give up my glass of wine about every other night.....any advice / thots on this?....thanks for any help....buddyr

Hi Buddy -

I take the first one around 6:00 a.m. and the second one between 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. which covers me for the one hour before/two hours after meals restriciton but still allows me a drink in the evening when I want.

Liz

Hi Buddy,

I take one sometime before lunch and the other one right before I go to bed around 11pm. I have had a glass of wine or a mixed drink prior to taking it and I was fine. I have taken it to close to eating but it doesn't bother me. Some people says it bothers their tummy. So far I've had no problems taking it.
Rhonda

I have washed the odd one down with red wine late in the evening and it hasn't killed me yet. I'm not sure if the alcohol kills the effect of the Rilutek or is just harder on your liver.
AL.

Riluteck

Hi - I have been on Riluteck for 6 months now. No problems. I agree with Liz. This is roughly what I do also. I sure wish I knew if it was doing any good. I think so, hope so.................ruby from vancouver (surrey)

rilutek

Hi Buddy, Ive been taking it for a year , 9am 9pm. I was real paranoid about having a glass of wine at first until I talked to my doc .He gave me the ok. Nothing to loose by taking it.Joe

The key is to take rilutek on an empty stomach.

If you eat it too close to meals - it will not be absorbed effectively and just bind with the food in your stomach and be wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back