Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Vermont
City
Burlington
Hello guys, if you could reply back to me this would be great. I am a 15 year old male, fairly healthy and athletic. I've been to my GP three times now because of this and other symptoms (muscle aches, fasciculations everywhere, shakiness in every limb, perceived weakness, etc.) With two short tests (by two different GP's, I felt the first one missed some things) they did a simple strength test and neurological exam (standing on toes, heels, feelings, etc.) Both said I was fine...
What is really bugging me is that lately my right foot has been feeling weird when I walk. I want to say it "flops" more than the left but i can't say for sure. It seems like every step I need to think about where my foot will land or be placed, and think and feel the muscles in my shin and leg when walking. I've been doing strength tests non stop, walking on toes and heels, etc. My right foot seems to hang an extremely small amount more than my right (as far as I can see.) In fact, I can lift my right foot up farther than my left, the only thing is I can feel the muscles in my leg burn a little more than my right.
When I bend down my right foot, I will OCCASIONALLY get a small tingling feeling down the inside of my foot next to my big toe. I am afraid this is nerve damage due to ALS but I'm not sure. Would I feel burning or other sensations in my leg when walking or would it just not work? Please reply I am really scared. This came on kind of suddenly a week ago one morning after my usual strength tests the night before and haven't really changed yet. Thanks a lot for reading guys, I just need some reassurance it's not anything serious. I know my parents won't want to bring me to my GP again. Thanks

Try reading the stickies for this subforum like you were instructed to do before posting. Your answer is there. Then go get a life.

15 year olds should not even be thinking of ALS. when I was 15 I was worrying if I would ever loose my virginity.

Please just provide some feedback or your thoughts. I know I'm 15 but I'm still very worried.:oops:

Please read the stickies honey. You DO NOT have ALS! Nothing you described is consistent with ALS. Google is not ahealthy place for you.

You were told where to find your answers. If your to lazy to do the reading that's your problem, not ours

15 year old male >>> ALS is an old person's disease.
muscle aches >>> ALS doesn't ache.
fasciculations >>> can be anything, or nothg at all. They're usually stress.
shakiness in every limb >>> doesn't do this in ALS
perceived weakness >>> you didn't read the sticky. Perceived weakness isn't ALS.
I felt the first GP missed some things >>> you're not smarter than the doctor
Both said I was fine... >>> then you're fine.
right foot has been feeling weird when I walk >>> When ALS takes foot, you don't feel anything at all.
"flops" more than the left but i can't say for sure >>> in ALS, there is no doubt.
only thing is I can feel the muscles in my leg burn >>> ALS doesn't burn.
small tingling feeling >>> ALS doesn't tingle
Would I feel burning or other sensations in my leg when walking or would it just not work? >>> In ALS, you don't "feel" or sense anything. The muscle just doesn't work.

CHBURLESON: You're simply feeling the asymmetries in your body. That's how a normal body feels. Sometimes we feel weak, sometimes we tingle or ache. It means nothing.

We on this website know ALS pretty well, more than most doctors know it. You don't have ALS at all.

Thank you so much for that reply, it means a lot. I just need someone to tell me straight about this, I've been so worried lately.

Try re-reading all the replies to the first Thread you posted just a few weeks ago on 11/20/14.

Remember? Let's re-fresh your short memory below... just from my reply to you,

"About in the middle of this pathetic essay you wrote on yourself (which you need to get over) you beleaguered us with 1,432 words... the following six words trumped the 1,432 you wrote as you wrote, ("Anyways, being the hypochondriac I am").

Nothing has changed.

You do not have ALS. And read on:

The incidence of ALS is roughly 2 in every 100,000 . . . and of that . . . only 5% are diagnosed prior to the age of 30 . . . and the further away from 30 you are, the more diminished your chances.

So let's do some numbers:

2/100,000 is 0.002% chance (which is about the same chances of getting hit by lightning according to the Red Cross).

Now let's take your age into consideration. Again, only 5% are diagnosed prior to age 30, so to get that percentage, simply take 0.002% and multiply it by 5% (i.e. 0.05). That gives a percentage of 0.0001% or a 1 in million chance . . . and that's at best. Again, the further away from 30 you are, the more diminished your chances".

15 year olds have no business worrying about ALS. Please get a life!

Thank you so much for that reply, it means a lot. I just need someone to tell me straight about this, I've been so worried lately.

If you've been so damn worried you should have viewed the replies to your November posting.

Seriously, get a life you twit and leave ours alone.

Well... at least (or best) he kept this one to 332 words. :)

Scared Once Again - Constantly Worrying

Hello, I know it seems like I may be getting annoying here but I seriously need some supportive feedback. Recently I notice that sometimes when I talk, I will slur some words every once in a while. I do not have any chewing or swallowing issues but my breathing has been a little off for the past month, way before this speech thing started. I am 15 years old and have been to two GP's for misc. things I have been feeling (chest pains, weird leg sensations, muscle aches, breathlessness, etc) and both said I looked fine but was given an inhaler for when I am physically active. Back to the talking thing..Every time I speak, I think about whatever I am saying and it gets annoying being that I don't know if it's myself or tongue weakness that is causing them. If i slur a word, I will repeat it right after and say it fine, nothing ever gives me long lasting difficulties until the next word I slur a few sentences after. Ocassionally I will get a tight band feeling around my throat with a slight lump feeling. I have body wide fasciculations EVERYWHERE all day but not exactly 24/7. I felt my tongue twitch a few times during class and I went off the deep end with my symptom googling. I will spend hours every day googling my symptoms and slurred speech feelings and I start to freak out being that ALS is one cause. I also stutter my words a lot occasionally when I speak as well. I get up every morning now and start randomly talking just to see if I will slur anything. It is taking over my life right now. Could anxiety cause these symptoms? Even when i don't feel anxious (besides my 24/7 health worries) could I still go through the physical/mental symptoms? Please someone reply, I know my parents won't want to bring me to the GP again (this started after my two visits which is causing a me to worry so much.):cry:

Re: Scared Once Again - Constantly Worrying

You don't have ALS. So, take your questions somewhere else. We aren't here to babysit you. Your parents are responsible for you and not us. I don't even believe you are 15.

Re: Scared Once Again - Constantly Worrying

Get lost....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back