Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
Hi...my mum has ALS. She started having symptoms Jan. 2006 & now she's in a chronic care hospital. I know that ALS progresses differently in each individual, but are there certain stages? And how do I know how fast or slow these stages last? God Bless you all & your loved ones. Thanks, Adele

Hi Adele. Unfortunately there is not an answer to your question. There are not any stages that you can say everyone will get. Some of the people here are in bad shape in six months and others take 6 years and are not as bad. There is no way of telling. I wish we could give you a better idea of a time frame but there just isn't one. I am really sorry.
AL.

Stages

Adele said:
Hi...my mum has ALS. She started having symptoms Jan. 2006 & now she's in a chronic care hospital. I know that ALS progresses differently in each individual, but are there certain stages? And how do I know how fast or slow these stages last? God Bless you all & your loved ones. Thanks, Adele
Hi Adele, nice to meet you & so sorry about your Mum, Al is right, there is no way of telling, But keep coming back for chats with us & you will learn so much , I did. Good Luck. EM

Hi Edna May It's good to hear from you. How are you feeling? I'm guessing you are glad you got a feeding tube. You sound perky!

Hi everyone....I guess it's my selfish need to know how much time I will have with my mum. And I will definately keep coming back here since you are all so supportive & of great comfort to me. Thank you & God Bless you all, Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back