Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
CA
State
QC
City
Montreal
Hello, I have fasciculations, all over the body, for about a year, I became aware when the diagnosis of als of my father took place. No other family members are affected yet. After 6 months of fasciculation I had an emg, result: fasciculations, and units a little wide in the interosseous dorsal.
I do not think I have other symptoms, but on the sides of the face at the temples, its swelling when I chew a lot, like when I eat a steak or something that requires a lot of chewing. The swelling disappears 10 minutes after finishing eating .. I am afraid that the als of my father is actually a family type. Sorry if my english is not good and thanks to google translation. In fact I post here to know your stories, find comparables and evaluate my risks ... Thank you

It does not sound like ALS at all and your emg confirms it.

I suggest an ent evaluation

Your risk for ALS in your entire lifetime is only a smidge above that of someone with no ALS relatives. In other words very very low.

I am FALS and the sixth person in my family to be affected in my lifetime. My family history is utterly typical for FALS. My neurologist did not even blink when she reviewed it just nodded

Thank you for your advice. I try to forget about my fasciculations and enjoy the time with my father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back